Antique 19th Century c.1879-1890s Continental Silver Tea Caddy, Repousse 184g
Shipping calculated at checkout.
19th Century c.1879-1900 Dutch Silver Tea Caddy, Repousse 184g
We are offering...
An ornate antique 19th century tea caddy adorned with Dutch working-class people going about their daily lives & tasks. (gathering wheat/tending the land, playing with the dog, playing instruments, riding horses, etc.). The caddy opens from the top as well as from the unique, sliding trap bottom for easy refilling.
- Made in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- At least .833 silver fineness
Height: 5 ⅜”
Width: 3 ¼"
Width: 3 ¼"
1 ¼" diameter top cap & opening
Approx. Weight: 184g
- “C” (in a font that dates it around 1879-1890)
- a crowned shield with 2 saint Andrew crosses (mark, made in Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- another shield mark with what appears to be a soldier or working-class figure (unknown)
- a six-point “star”
Condition: Beautiful age-related condition. This tea caddy would be enhanced with a good hand polish. Please see all photos for complete description.
State(s) Sales Tax may apply
Shipping charges include professional packaging, handling, shipping costs, and insurance when necessary.